08 April 2009

KLPac Orchestra is back ^^



KLpac Orchestra is kicking off its 2009 season in a BIG WAY!

As a tribute to Australia's rich repertoire of songs and music,
The Australian High Commission & klpac are proud to present
KLpac Orchestra in the Style of Down Under
in conjunction with Australia month @ klpac

featuring KLpac Orchestra (conducted by Brian Tan)
guest performers Young KL Singers (conducted by Susanna Saw),
Didjeridoo Ghetto & Nicole Stinton (Gala Night)
hosted by Joe Hasham
artistic director Joe Hasham | executive producer Dato' Faridah Merican

16 - 18 April @ 8.30pm; 19 April @ 3.00pm
RM40, RM20 (students, sr. citizens & disabled)
Pentas 1, KLpac


Any familiar faces??

This time round, the orchestra will join forces with The Young KL Singers to perform Aussie favourites such as Waltzing Matilda and I Still Call Australia Home (which were sung in The Boy from Oz musical starring Hugh Jackman) as well as Olympic theme song Dare to Dream.

As a special treat, fellow Aussie Nicole Stinton will be singing the moving and hugely popular I Am Australian during the opening concert. To complete the 130-strong line up and inject that extra bit of Australian flavour into this fun concert, the all-Malaysian Didjeridoo Ghetto ensemble will also make an appearance.

Don't miss this music extravaganza and what will probably be the climax of the australia month @ klpac!


To purchase tickets, call klpac box office @ 03-4047 9000.


I Still Call Australia Home -


Support local musicians ^^
Good Day!

4 comments:

空。陵 said...

wow..it looks great.are you in there?haha...

WinnieWong said...

Of course I am not in for this year T.T
See clearly ^^

空。陵 said...

haha.but you got register for it la..right?

WinnieWong said...

Hahaa. Last 2 years I did perform during June for the string festival. I went for audition. Last year no time to participate. Anyone who is interested can tell me. They do need performers

eXTReMe Tracker