16 April 2010

Creepy revolution

I am suppose to sleep now but something intrigues me not to sleep =x] The weather here is getting colder and sometimes I could feel my legs are numb & it making me feeling restless. Study study is what I can think about but I seem to slack a lot, REAL LOTS or perhaps feeling too relax. Anyhow, will try to do my best =D

I have been thinking of finding a job for quite some time. Guess that it’s time to take action rather than just saying. The purpose is not on earning side income but just to gain some experiences. People always have the negative mindset & assumptions on the position of a job such as a toilet cleaner. They assume these people are too poor or having limited education inputs. Does anyone thought about gaining external knowledge? For example, by taking up the job, later on, you would be skilled on cleaning the toilet bowl, mopping the floor, etc What about soft skill? A waiter often interacts with customers & this kind of soft skill it’s hard to gain at indoor classroom, isn’t it?

Today I attended a resume writing workshop. We have been told with one meaningful, awaken sentence, “don’t expect once you are graduated, you will find a job that suit you without any working experiences beforehand.” This world is unfair, isn’t it? It doesn’t matter how smart you are, if you can’t fulfill all the requirements of being a rounded person, you will lose some chance on getting the job. Besides, it doesn’t matter the job is not compatible with your field of study, as in the end, there must have some transferable skills that can be used in your future careers. Well time management, stress management, customer relationship skill, communication, problem-solving, team-work, leadership, etc are the qualities that one might gain from working or involving in volunteering or clubs activities & events.

I am not ready for internship, but I am keen on being a waitress. Actually have been thinking of getting a waitress job back in Msia but due to time constraint, I changed my mind. Hmm.. lemme think & yet to decide.

I couldn’t believe earthquake strikes China this time with 6.9 or 7.1 magnitude. There were lots of people got killed from this incidents, people who are having severe injuries, people who still stuck under the rubble, and people who have just lost their sweet home. This event is devastating & scary as natural disasters are happening quite frequent everywhere. Is this a warning to human beings? What should we do? What should we do? Where should we escape to? Stop thinking about escaping from the facts, everyone’s life is valuable, instead of escaping to save owns life, is there any prevention or solutions to every matter?

How about 1M 1C 1M 1I? united or messy? peaceful or havoc? disaster or disaster free? hot or hotter?

Those merely my thoughts.

 

Good night =D

 

p/s: The world is really small & I feel connected to everyone of you. That’s miracle :)

 

peace~

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker