Yayyy, Carmina Burana officially ended last Saturday. It means no more fregggin-high-notes torture for me for the time being. I am satisfied with my own performance as I have done my very best to sing to the joy.
The concert hall @ Queensland Old Museum Building
Full set of timpani
Gentlemen having some ducky moves before the concert
It’s time to SHOWWW
At the end of the concert, I was in charge in giving a bottle of wine to one of the male soloists, Ron Morris, a tenor baritone vocalist (the guy at the most right)
When everyone was clapping thunderously, we approached them with the gift. After handing out the bottle of wine to him, I was sooooo shocked to get a kiss on my cheeks in return. Yea, i knew it’s a common French Kiss style, but it happened unexpectedly & fast, that’s why I was stunned. My face was red like a roster while walking back to the bench >< but it was a fun experience though. *shy shy*
My friends drove me to have porridge for supper @CyberCity, Valley. The porridge was tasty even though I have taken out all the chickens from my bowl. It cost me only $3. woootss
After that, it was PCP time (Post Concert Party). Everyone was very high & tipsy when we reached there. I danced the YMCA easy movements too =)
Although they offered variety of alcoholic drinks, I was happy not to drink any of them.
Everyone’s random works on the canvas. My bimbo drawing is at the right up of the canvas (the alien with two notes beside it) xD
Carmina Burana is a love song story written by Carl Orff. Listen to the above video u would know how “enjoying” the song would be.
My favorite lyrics from part of the song
Feror ego veluti
sine nauta navis,
ut per vias aeris
vaga fertur avis;
non me tenent vincula,
non me tenet clavis,
quero mihi similes
et adiungor pravis.
MEANS
I am swept away
like a pilotless ship,
like a bird floating aimlessly
through the air.
No fetters, no locks
hold me;
I am looking for my like,
and I join the depraved.
3 comments:
lol! i noe tat song! is it realli a love story? sounds like....a disaster is coming at the begining....XD bt love it! so majestic!
Haha.. Not a love story as a whole. It actually have a few different scenes like, the wheel of fortune, an imaginative forest, a pair of lovers, scenes from the story of Dido and Aeneas, a scene of drinking beer, and three scenes of playing game (quoted from Wikipedia).
Solely looking at the interpretation of the lyrics, the song is quite sad. The person is a loner i guess ><
ya, it is...it's kinda full of desperation...lolz..
Post a Comment