Last Fri night, my primary school friends wanted to have “yumcha” session together. At first, we planned to meet at the usual place. Feeling a bit dull as we always gather at the same spot. Hence, I suggested to go for Satay Kajang for a change. The good news was everyone agreed =) Plus, this was my first time going to the restaurant, luckily Google Map, Dad & Guan were there for me.
Pic above courtesy from YummySay.blogspot.com
It was quite simple to find the Restoran Malaysia in Kajang. The funniest part was I lead myself and another car driver (my friend) to a one way lane. I was quite panic at that situation. Luckily we managed to fix everything right. Besides, driving in heavy rain condition and having a few passengers were really stressful especially I have not been driving for approx 10 months. FML
The first thing we ordered was COCONUT DRINKS.
We found out that its origin was from MANTIN. Let me tell you what is Mantin. Mantin is a place where it used to have MANY TINS (MINES) long time ago. Besides, MANTIN is where I was bred and raised although I was born in Sban and having Cui Lian’s mum beside my mum’s bed (unsure but 4might be her) lolz. Mantin is a small town but there are lots of nice food that you might not have tasted before. Forget about Siew Pao, it does not have it here. Every day, I travel around 15 minutes to reach my beloved Chan Wa school. Other than that, MANTIN is NOT BANTING. If you wanted to travel to Nilai using the old way, definitely you will by pass this lovely small town.
Rice (ketupat?)
You must dip them with the special Satay sauce only NICEEEEEEEEEE
We ordered Chicken, Fish, Duck and Lamb but not Beef. Dunno why pun.
While we were ordering, my friend told me DAGING is BEEF. I don’t really believe it because DAGING is not MEAT meh? Then I went to ask the worker, adakah DAGING maksud LEMBU? Miraculously, he nodded and all my friends laughed at me. zzzzzzzz
Overall, I like to eat chicken and fish as my family and I seldom eat red meats. For me, I don’t really like their heavy smell, but still, I could manage to eat a few sticks but not too many.
I like Guan’s silly expression and Eddie’s childish expression =.=
In the end, we bought quite alot of satay back home.
Tell you something funny. I told the worker (foreign guy) that we wanted 4 of us to have each type of meat for 5 sticks while 2 of us to have 3 sticks each in MALAY. I just couldn’t stop laughing when I was describing the numbers to him. It was something lidat.
Saya nak empat set daging, setiap set mau lima cucuk satay.
The worker uplifted his eyebrows a few times because he did not understand what I was telling him at all.
I added on. Setiap set maksud (almost wanna say means) ada ayam lar, itik lar, kambing lar, semua jenis daging dan setiap jenis mau lima batang satay. The more I described, the more confused I am. Hence, I started to talk more Numbers all in one sentence. It made everyone gone crazy as well =.=
All of us <3
After that, we drove home by using the old way although the road was winding and WEIRD lor. Suddenly a straight lane could become a lane to turn right all in a sudden. This incident not happened to only one place but many of them. I have to keep on showing left signals in order to squeeze in to the another lane. lmao.
View Larger Map
2 comments:
hey gal...dun go bk Australia so faz weh...u havent meet me yet...i bk mantin tis friday....wait me arr.....
Haha.. No prob. Am waiting for you =)
Post a Comment