27 June 2011

Australian Football League (AFL)

Hi all, just noticed that I have not been blogging for a week. Life is getting busier right after finals. I could only use after midnight hours to blog which is extremely unhealthy. Well, here is a post about Australian Football League (AFL) that I attended long time ago.

I was in charged in photography during the night. Hence, this post would be blasted with many pictures, so bear with me!

IMG_3980

Brisbane Lions is the famous football team in Queensland

That night, it was Brisbane Lions Versus North Melbourne

IMG_3986

 

IMG_3998

Our first stop was face-painting

IMG_4001

Everyone has a chance to have their face painted with different type of “Brisbane Lions” symbols/pictures

IMG_4004

IMG_4030

IMG_4044

The stadium was crowded IMG_4049

Some candid shots that I like Smile

IMG_4050

IMG_4069

The only 2 ang moh who were willing to join us as a group for the event. They were friendly and kind.

IMG_4093

The stadium

The rules are quite simple from what I heard from. If the ball strike the middle of the 2 poles (GOAL), they gain 6 points. If it strike on either side of the pole, 1 point gained.

IMG_4114

Wanna win? You gotta play not only hard, but rough! It was really fun cheering with them especially when the game get more excited

DSC_1814

The above pic was taken by Saachi, my friend. Personally, I quite like this pic

IMG_4145

A group pic of us, with the Malaysia flag! So patriotic!

IMG_4153

The empty stadium after the game!

Since it was empty, why not take some lame pictures?IMG_4154

IMG_4155

IMG_4156

IMG_4162

IMG_4166

Last but not least, it was a wonderful experience for me in watching a football match live.

Not to forget about learning the rules of playing was essential, so that it could be another topic of conversation I could start with people who like AFL. Isn’t it?

P/s: The blogger currently is very exhausted. Plenty of meetings to attend from different societies, few parties to go, and last but not least, travelling is a must for the blogger. Yes, she needs a gateway to somewhere else.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker